Interview with the Dragon Goddess - Preface

Back to Interview Index

(Draft 2)

For decades I have questioned the accuracy and veracity of written history. All my efforts have been directed towards consulting the different sources of information which could provide glimpses of the actual historical facts, like legends and folklore passed down by non-humans.

According to written history, in the beginning of time the "Great Demons" incited war among the different races. Violence extended through the world and entire settlements disappeared. In the end, Amaxis, the one and only God, rose in defense of humans and defeated the Great Demons. His victory, his laws and the enslavement of the non-human races was necessary to unify us and finally live in relative peace. This established humankind as the Apex race, dominating all others.

I am not the only one who has questioned written history. Legends say the Great Demons were not demons at all, but the patron Gods of all other races, and those who honored them were burned at the stake accused of heresy and demon worshiping.

My investigation about non-human folklore led me away from the great cities and into the remote villages in the wilderness. I found small settlements inhabited completely by non-humans, who would look at me with suspicion and refused to openly share their folklore with me. However, as some of them opened up, they told me stories and legends one would never find in books or hear within the walls of the great cities.

Among all the stories I discovered, the most interesting legend was one that repeated among the different races with varying details, The Legend of the Golden Dragoness. She was known by many different names, like Draxenath, Sarina, Wallanime. The legend says she was the most powerful of all Gods and fought to protect all the helpless without distinction of race, even humans, and freed the non-humans from slavery, only to be betrayed later by those she trusted the most. She exiled herself and left the world for Amaxis to do whatever he pleased.

I have dedicated more than half of my life researching about this Goddess. There are contradicting pieces of lore about her, which made my curiosity grow even stronger. But the work of my life gave me some success at last, I found the means to contact her, and request her account of history.

I will be signing my work anonymously for obvious reasons.

Next: First Impression
Back to Interview Index

Comments